The 1989 Book Tag



I saw this tag over at Words Are Magic Galore and as a Taylor Swift fan, I immediately wanted to be a part of this. It was created by review from a Bookworm and what we need to do is match books to the lyrics from Taylor’s latest and fabulous album 1989. So here we go:

Welcome To New York

“ You can want who you want,
boys and boys and girls and girls.” ♫ 

1. A book with LGBT themes


I had picked up this book when I began to binge on John Green novels. Will Grayson, Will Grayson  was a brilliant read. If you pick up a copy of this book, I swear you will not regret it. 


Blank Space

♫”You can tell me when it’s over
if the high was worth the pain.”♫

2. A book that hit you right in the feels…but was totally worth it.


I began reading this story in the train journey back home from Ajmer. And I continued reading it when I got back home. I still remember the tears streaming down my face as I finished the book. It hit me right in the feels. But it was totally worth it. 


”I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream”
3. A book that you hated but you loved the cover.

--- I have to leave this one blank because I've never judged a book by its cover. Unless the blurb appealed to me, I have never got the book.----

”I’ve got a blank space baby
and I’ll write your name.”

4. Your latest book boyfriend/girlfriend


Two words: Augustus Waters. 
Enough said. 

Style
”We never go out of style”

5. A timeless classic you love.


Mad Hatter: I'm completely mad, aren't I? 
Alice: Yes, you're completely bonkers. But I'll tell you a little secret: all the best people are. 

Out of the Woods

”The rest of the world is black and white,
but we were in screaming color.”

6. A book which had vivid world buildings.


I remember vivid descriptions of District 13.


”The monsters turned out to be just trees”

7. A book where things weren’t exactly how they seemed.


I was really, really shocked as the story progressed. It's one of my favorite books; but does not stop the fact I was completely freaked by it. 


All You Had To Do Was Stay

♫”You were all I wanted
but not like this”♫

8. A book you were eagerly anticipating, but ended up being disappointed by.


The woman who created Jesse De Silva & Michael Moscovitz....this one just did not cut it for me. :(

 Shake It Off

♫”The haters gonna hate..♫

9.  A book/series that everyone seems to love but you can’t help but hate.

--- Once again, keeping a Blank Space for this one---

10. A book series you love but everyone seems to hate.


I guess mostly because it's vampire fiction? 

I Wish You Would

♫”I wish you knew I’ll never
forget you as long as I live”♫

11. A book/series you know you will always love.


Jesse De Silva! <3 


♫ “I wish you were right here,
right now”♫ 

12. An upcoming release you wish you could have right now.


Because people I love very much are part of this book! ^_^

Bad Blood

♫ “Now we’ve got bad blood
you know it used to be mad love”♫ 

13. A character you once loved but grew to hate.


Tanveer Bhattacharya. I used to love him.
The I saw him without my rose tinted glasses. 
Began to hate him.


♫”Did you have to do this
I was thinking that you could be trusted.
Did you have to ruin
what was shiny now it’s all rusted.♫

14. An author you haven’t forgiven for the things they did to your favorite characters/books.


Where do I even start? Sirius, Dumbledor, Dobby, Snape, and FRED WEASLEY.
 J.K. Rowling, I cannot ever forgive you for killing Fred :'(


Wildest Dreams

♫”I can see the end 
as it begins”♫

15. A book that was far too predictable.


Girl loses best friend. 
Girl finds new friends. 
Girl crushes on guy.
Guy has a distant girlfriend. 
Girl kisses guy.
Guy breaks up with his old girlfriend.
Girl find her best friend.
Girl and guy get together. 
-_-
See? 

♫”Nothing lasts forever
but this is getting good now”♫

16. A book/series that you wish could’ve gone on forever.


More than anything, I wanted to see the Famous Five grow up. I wanted to know what Julian became, and if Dick ever became maure. I want to know if George became Georgina. And who finally got to married Anne or did she change from the gentle girl she was...


How You Get The Girl

♫”That’s how it works,
that’s how you get the girl.”♫

17. One of your favorite books where they ‘got the girl’


This is as offbeat YA fiction can get.
And yes - he gets the girl!

This Love

♫“In darkest screams,
in wildest dreams,
I never dreamed on this”♫

18. A book that completely shocked you. 


Ths is a must read....and you'll know why this book shocked me. 


I Know Places <3

♫”Love’s a fragile little flame
it could burn out.”♫

19.  A book you thought you loved but quickly came to hate.


I love Meg Cabot. But sometimes, the stories just do not sit with me. :(


♫”Something happens when everybody finds out.
See the vultures circling dark clouds.”♫

20. A book you didn’t want to be seen reading.


It was aimed at a much younger auidence...so...oh well...ahem....


Clean

♫ “The drought was the very worst,
when the flowers that we’d grown together died of thirst.” ♫

21. When the wait between books made you forget everything that happened.


I have to read the first one again, before I begin the sequel :-/


♫ “By morning, gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean”. ♫

22. A book/series you wiped from your memory.


This. Book. Was . Too. Real. 
It. Broke. Me. 
So, I forgot it. 
 ---------------------------

Oh wow. That took a very long time to put together. But it was fun I've never made posts like these before. I might just do a few more. Let me kniw if you're going to be writing a post on the 1989 Book Tag in the comments section below! :D

Comments

Post a Comment