I saw this tag over at Words Are Magic Galore and as a Taylor Swift fan, I immediately wanted to be a part of this. It was created by review from a Bookworm and what we need to do is match books to the lyrics from Taylor’s latest and fabulous album 1989. So here we go:
Welcome To New York
♫“ You can want who you want,
boys and boys and girls and girls.” ♫
1. A book with LGBT themes
I had picked up this book when I began to binge on John Green novels. Will Grayson, Will Grayson was a brilliant read. If you pick up a copy of this book, I swear you will not regret it.
♫”You can tell me when it’s over
if the high was worth the pain.”♫
2. A book that hit you right in the feels…but was totally worth it.
I began reading this story in the train journey back home from Ajmer. And I continued reading it when I got back home. I still remember the tears streaming down my face as I finished the book. It hit me right in the feels. But it was totally worth it.
♫”I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream”♫
3. A book that you hated but you loved the cover.
--- I have to leave this one blank because I've never judged a book by its cover. Unless the blurb appealed to me, I have never got the book.----
♫”I’ve got a blank space baby
and I’ll write your name.”♫
4. Your latest book boyfriend/girlfriend
Two words: Augustus Waters.
♫”We never go out of style”♫
5. A timeless classic you love.
Mad Hatter: I'm completely mad, aren't I?
Alice: Yes, you're completely bonkers. But I'll tell you a little secret: all the best people are.
Out of the Woods
♫”The rest of the world is black and white,
but we were in screaming color.” ♫
6. A book which had vivid world buildings.
I remember vivid descriptions of District 13.
♫”The monsters turned out to be just trees”♫
7. A book where things weren’t exactly how they seemed.
I was really, really shocked as the story progressed. It's one of my favorite books; but does not stop the fact I was completely freaked by it.
All You Had To Do Was Stay
♫”You were all I wanted
but not like this”♫
8. A book you were eagerly anticipating, but ended up being disappointed by.
The woman who created Jesse De Silva & Michael Moscovitz....this one just did not cut it for me. :(
Shake It Off
♫”The haters gonna hate..♫
9. A book/series that everyone seems to love but you can’t help but hate.
--- Once again, keeping a Blank Space for this one---
10. A book series you love but everyone seems to hate.
I guess mostly because it's vampire fiction?
I Wish You Would
♫”I wish you knew I’ll never
forget you as long as I live”♫
11. A book/series you know you will always love.
Jesse De Silva! <3
♫ “I wish you were right here,
12. An upcoming release you wish you could have right now.
Because people I love very much are part of this book! ^_^
♫ “Now we’ve got bad blood
you know it used to be mad love”♫
13. A character you once loved but grew to hate.
Tanveer Bhattacharya. I used to love him.
The I saw him without my rose tinted glasses.
Began to hate him.
♫”Did you have to do this
I was thinking that you could be trusted.
Did you have to ruin
what was shiny now it’s all rusted.♫
14. An author you haven’t forgiven for the things they did to your favorite characters/books.
Where do I even start? Sirius, Dumbledor, Dobby, Snape, and FRED WEASLEY.J.K. Rowling, I cannot ever forgive you for killing Fred :'(
♫”I can see the end
as it begins”♫
15. A book that was far too predictable.
Girl loses best friend.
Girl finds new friends.
Girl crushes on guy.
Guy has a distant girlfriend.
Girl kisses guy.
Guy breaks up with his old girlfriend.
Girl find her best friend.
Girl and guy get together.
♫”Nothing lasts forever
but this is getting good now”♫
16. A book/series that you wish could’ve gone on forever.
More than anything, I wanted to see the Famous Five grow up. I wanted to know what Julian became, and if Dick ever became maure. I want to know if George became Georgina. And who finally got to married Anne or did she change from the gentle girl she was...
How You Get The Girl
♫”That’s how it works,
that’s how you get the girl.”♫
17. One of your favorite books where they ‘got the girl’
This is as offbeat YA fiction can get.
And yes - he gets the girl!
♫“In darkest screams,
in wildest dreams,
I never dreamed on this”♫
18. A book that completely shocked you.
Ths is a must read....and you'll know why this book shocked me.
I Know Places <3
♫”Love’s a fragile little flame
it could burn out.”♫
19. A book you thought you loved but quickly came to hate.
I love Meg Cabot. But sometimes, the stories just do not sit with me. :(
♫”Something happens when everybody finds out.
See the vultures circling dark clouds.”♫
20. A book you didn’t want to be seen reading.
It was aimed at a much younger auidence...so...oh well...ahem....
♫ “The drought was the very worst,
when the flowers that we’d grown together died of thirst.” ♫
21. When the wait between books made you forget everything that happened.
I have to read the first one again, before I begin the sequel :-/
♫ “By morning, gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean”. ♫
22. A book/series you wiped from your memory.
This. Book. Was . Too. Real.
It. Broke. Me.
So, I forgot it.
Oh wow. That took a very long time to put together. But it was fun I've never made posts like these before. I might just do a few more. Let me kniw if you're going to be writing a post on the 1989 Book Tag in the comments section below! :D